On 6/04/2010 4:31 PM, Mark Hammond wrote:
On 6/04/2010 4:28 PM, Bill Janssen wrote:
Mark, my system is a dozen or so Python programs plus a few Windows
services implemented in Python. If I set those up to hack the "Path"
environment variable appropriately before importing stuff, could I put
the three DLLs somewhere else instead of C:\WINDOWS\System32\?

That might work - although the service could be problematic; this is
started by windows itself, so you don't really get the opportunity to
modify the environment before it starts.

Oops - I missed the point here - you aren't asking about modifying the environment before the process starts, but instead after it starts and before it imports the pywin32 modules.

However, there is still likely to be a problem; the service support depends on a couple of pywin32 modules to bootstrap its world, so by the time your first line of code gets executed, pywintypes, win32service etc will have been loaded (or fatally failed to load)

Cheers,