On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:18:31 +0100, FranÃois Van Emelen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

gwicks wrote:
<snip>

It is not always easy to transfer funds from one country to another, especially if you don't have the right bit of plastic.
You're quite right. I have had some unpleasant surprises (not due to traders or suppliers) from my own bank. The equivalent of 15 euros disappeared in thin air and as the enquiry isn't closed yet, I prefer not to transfer money abroad.

Trouble is that banks charge money to transfer money abroad and to receive it (UK banks charge around Â25 to accept a foreign payment !!)

That is why PayPal is so good - only your credit card to think about and no extra charges really.

The traders are also unlikely to be in Eindhoven before 18th June.
If it helps, I can accept payment via my Dutch Postbank Giro account. This may be a way of avoiding high currency transfer charges. I'm sure Rich and I could reach some agreement over this.
Best wishes,
Geoff

-- Rich Mellor RWAP Services 26 Oak Road, Shelfield, Walsall, West Midlands WS4 1RQ

http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/