On  Mon, 3 Jan 2005 at 10:57:24, Rich Mellor wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>>> That is why PayPal is so good - only your credit card to think about
>>> and  no extra charges really.
>> I simply don't like dealing with a foreign based company.
>> There would be real hassles if problems arose.
>
>But Tony, we are not talking about foreign based companies - we are
>talking about QL traders accepting payments - all the QL traders have
>been  around more than long enough to be trustworthy by now,
>surely......
The foreign company I am talking about is paypal itself.

I am talking about chargebacks etc to customers, not trouble with
traders.
Paypal is -very- bad when things go worng.

There is no UK law to help me here.

In any case, 6% is far too much.
In all my overseas trading I have had no trouble getting customers to
use IMOs or bankers drafts, or even cash.

Tony

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk