ÎÎÎ Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:49:40 +0100,Î(Î) Marcel Kilgus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ÎÎÏÎÏÎ/wrote:

Phoebus Dokos wrote:
The one thing that I can tell you is that at least my QPC will not share a
QXL.WIN file with another QPC (or uQLx - Q-emuLator for that matter).
Although QPC will start normally, the second another application tries to
use the QXL.WIN file, the first QPC will not have access to the QXL.WIN
file until the sharing application ceases to operate.

Do a "WIN_REMV x", x being the drive number, on the PC that hosts the .WIN file (it is automatically done if QPC detects that the .WIN is on a remote server).

Hmmm I did not know that WIN_REMV applied to that situation as well (Is it in the QPC manual?)

In short that means that you cannot have one shared qxl.win across the
network.

Wrong. They can't access it at the same time (i.e. after "OPEN#3,win1_boot" WIN1 is blocked for the other machine until you do a "CLOSE#3"), but apart from that they can share it just fine.

Hmm then as I recently discovered this only applies if you share the same qxl.win file between QPC and a non QPC emulator...

In any case though, I thought that Dilwyn wanted to run QPC directly from the server (but locally) and all of the copies running would access the one QXL.WIN file. How would that work?