In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Marcel Kilgus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Phoebus Dokos wrote:
The one thing that I can tell you is that at least my QPC will not share a
QXL.WIN file with another QPC (or uQLx - Q-emuLator for that matter).
Although QPC will start normally, the second another application tries to
use the QXL.WIN file, the first QPC will not have access to the QXL.WIN
file until the sharing application ceases to operate.

Do a "WIN_REMV x", x being the drive number, on the PC that hosts the .WIN file (it is automatically done if QPC detects that the .WIN is on a remote server).

In short that means that you cannot have one shared qxl.win across the
network.

Wrong. They can't access it at the same time (i.e. after "OPEN#3,win1_boot" WIN1 is blocked for the other machine until you do a "CLOSE#3"), but apart from that they can share it just fine.

And the latter is also true of multiple instances of QPC2 on the same PC I assume ?

Which I haven't tried by the way.

--
Malcolm Cadman