> We're not competing with Linux or anything else - what we
> have is unique, thanks to many people. I'd say that
> EVERYBODY who puts time into QDOS/SMSQ does it because
> he likes it ... some do it for free, some don't, but isn't
> it up to them?
This view fits in with what people tell me, that they like and use QDOS or
SMSQ/E because it is is interesting and different. You can write your own
programs and generally tinker with a computer at your leisure without it being
the same old Windows you use every day at work.

We do need to attract some new and/or ex users, and we are fortunate in having
high end QPC2 and Q60 to choose from at one end of the QL scale and the free
emulators at the other, with an excellent moderately priced high compatibility
QDOS emulator in the middle of the proce scale. We all have our preferences as
to QL systems, the point is there is a good choice which you don't always get
in this kind of situation.