In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, James Hunkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

For myself, I started QDT as an interesting project. Plus I really enjoy the people involved in the community.

To be honest, I would have abandoned the project quite a while ago if I was only doing it for the money. Probably before it even started.

On the other hand, while the money will never, ever compensate for the time or energy, it does show me that people respect the work and are interested in it. If no one was willing to pay what I consider to be a very underpriced cost for QDT, I would read it as no one appreciated the work being done. Therefore, it would not happen and further development would definitely not happen.

So, while the money isn't everything, obviously, it definitely is something.

Knowing the effort that goes into different QL software projects, I don't know of any that I would consider not to be fare value. And most are very good deals already.

I am an 'early adopter' of QDT, and although it is still at its early stages of implementation, it does show what excellence can now be achieved with all the new developments for the QL.

Note : QDT does not run on 'older' systems, as it is designed to make use of the best that is currently available.

I now hope that Jim's work will encourage software writers to flex their muscles again and produce all those interesting applications that we all need.

--
Malcolm Cadman