Am Fri, 22 Apr 2005 8:41:22 +0000 hat Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> geschrieben:

It all adds to the "Rip-off-Britain" impressions we have.

You could replace "Britain" by every EG-country, I'm afraid :-(

The latest trick I had to undergo with the German Postbank two days ago. After the usual
announcements and advertising a very friendly male voice asked me whether I wanted
more advertising or information about just another bullshit.
As I didn't want either of them I waited for another statement or something like "press 1 ...9 on
your telefone" but nothing happened. Then I began to rail a bit and the voice said. "
I'm sorry but I can't understand what you said." and began to repeat everything from the
very first start.
You can imagine that my "railing" did not get friendlier.
Only when (after repeating this unproductive dialogue for a while) I stopped to say anything, then, after
quite a while, the voice said, "Because I cannot understand
what you are sayin I will connect you with an assistent"
Which was, what I had wanted all the time!
More than three minutes connected, before even being able to say what I want, a really good deal for
the company %-(#?"^ß*!