On  Fri, 20 May 2005 at 11:28:26, David Tubbs wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>At 11:11 20/05/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>
>>I see it as covering the whole visible part when in the computer.
>>Wouldn't it look good if it looked like a QL stuck in the slot (8-)#
>
>While thoughts are on packaging rather than content (is that not the
>time consuming bit) surely it should be a 3D miniature of the QL,
>removing the mdv end to reveal the USB con'.
That is the sort of thing, but are users willing to pay more for the
packaging that the product? A special moulding would be expensive to
tool.

I investigated a case for RomDisq, but it was not affordable in small
quantities.  Tooling cost was too high.  ... and then we were talking
hundreds.

I think the best we can hope for is a printed QL image.
If it is large enough, then it might look like a QL with rounded edges.

Tony

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
          tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://firshman.co.uk

  • ... Darren Branagh
    • ... Bill Cable
      • ... John Gilpin
    • ... Malcolm Cadman
    • ... Derek Stewart
      • ... Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος (Phoebus R. Dokos)
  • ... Darren Branagh
  • ... Darren Branagh
    • ... Tony Firshman
      • ... David Tubbs