Malcolm Cadman wrote:
> All useful features, and yet not having them doesn't prevent enjoying
> the use.

As is often the case, good things you don't know you don't miss. Good
things you do know however you never want to miss again.

>>Opera 6 is how old? 5 years? Unlike IE, Opera HAS been improved in the
>>meantime. They're at version 9 now.
> Which is not comparing like for like.

Well, it only makes sense to compare the most recent versions, doesn't
it? I'd be a bit pissed if somebody says "QPC is not so good, it
doesn't even run in a window. By the way, I'm using version 1.50".
Also Opera 9 is completely free, no ads or anything anymore.

> The Opera 6.04 [ free version ] that I am using says 2002, IE 6.0.29 [
> came with Windows XP Professional ] says 2004.
>
> So, one around 4 yrs old and the other around 2 yrs old.

No, that is just the patch level, i.e. the last bug fix was 2 years
old in your case. IE6 itself is 5 years old, I think.

> PS ... Are you able to make to the Byfleet Show on 5th November 2006 ?

No, I won't do any travelling this year due to work reasons.

Marcel