I just thought I'd share a recent QL experience with everybody!  The
company I work for is very keen on promoting personal development
outside the normal boundaries at work. Think outside the box is one of
the MD's catch-phrases.

Anyway, as IT Manager of this company, it became my turn to organise
something concerning to my field but not directly work related: so I
organised a little presentation and history tour, using my collection of
PCs as illustrations.  People were able to have a go, play with them,
run programs and generally see how computers have developed over the
years.  To illustrate my presentation, I used my ZX81 (the first PC I
ever owned), BBC Model B, BBC Master, Spectrum+3, Amiga 1200, Z88 and of
course the Sinclair QL.  I was wonderful to see the amount of fun people
had with these older machines, and some of the younger members of the
company were really surprised at what had constituted a computer "back
then"!  It's such as shame that for many youngsters today, learning ICT
(as the schools irritatingly insist on calling it) is simply learning
how to use Microsoft products . . . .

One of the most interesting comments was how "cool" the QL  looked . . .
it seems that well-designed retro is in!!!!