>spending money on a semi commercial assembler.

The licence for QMAC is owned by Quanta. I recall reading sometime ago a
statement that Quanta had not sold a copy in years.

So to Quanta the membership here, if my recollection and understanding of
the situation is correct, would the membership mind if Quanta made QMAC
freeware.

To the listening Committee is it possible to do this and if so will  you, or
do you need a formal written request to the chairman? I can write  one if you
wish.

If it can be made freeware couls it be made downloadable from the SMSQ/E
sources pages

Duncan