>> If Peter feels he could go to such trouble, one way forward would
>> be
>> to supply his QLWIP (I hope that's what it was called) as a module,
>> which could be linked to SMSQ/E for example. That way he couldn't
>> be
>> accused of putting "free" stuff into commercial programs.
>
> I'm not sure that ispossible right now, because from what I
> understood
> from Peter, the OS itself must be adapted, so that, apparently, a
> simple
> bolt-on approach isn't good enough.
OK, that's nailed that idea.

> The situation seems to be that Peter wants to have the licence
> rewritten
> the way he wants it, and that is just not going to happen.
Yes, this was the sort of thing I meant when talking about
insurmountable problems.

> Concerning the specific problems he seems to encounter with his
> TCP/IP
> stuff, if I understood correctly, the OS must contain some hooks or
> other in which to put his code.
> I presume, though that the changes are a bit farther-ranging,
> perhaps
> some modifications to the scheduler?
> I just don't know.
> I do propose the following though: If Peter tells me exactly what
> changes he wants made in the OS, perhaps I could try to make them if
> they seem feasable (and if I'm good enough).
That would seem to be one way forward.

> Perhaps once this is done, Peter could release a stand-alone
> application?
> This way, he wouldn't need to release anything to do with smsq/e
> istelf.
> Wolfgang
Thank you for making this offer, Wolfgang, I do hope Peter will at
least discuss this. I do actually understand what he is saying about
the preference for a "free" OS and I can also see what you are saying
about the licence situation above. I hope everyone concerned can find
some common middle ground.

Once we know what changes are required, there may be hope of finding a
common middle ground.