Dilwyn Jones wrote :
> (...)
> If Peter feels he could go to such trouble, one way forward would be
> to supply his QLWIP (I hope that's what it was called) as a module,
> which could be linked to SMSQ/E for example. That way he couldn't be
> accused of putting "free" stuff into commercial programs.

I'm not sure that ispossible right now, because from what I understood
from Peter, the OS itself must be adapted, so that, apparently, a simple
bolt-on approach isn't good enough.
I'll come back to that in a minute.
The situation seems to be that Peter wants to have the licence rewritten
the way he wants it, and that is just not going to happen.

Concerning the specific problems he seems to encounter with his TCP/IP
stuff, if I understood correctly, the OS must contain some hooks or
other in which to put his code.
I presume, though that the changes are a bit farther-ranging, perhaps
some modifications to the scheduler?
I just don't know.
I do propose the following though: If Peter tells me exactly what
changes he wants made in the OS, perhaps I could try to make them if
they seem feasable (and if I'm good enough).

Perhaps once this is done, Peter could release a stand-alone application?
This way, he wouldn't need to release anything to do with smsq/e istelf.
Wolfgang