In a message dated 07/10/2007 18:12:58 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

Actually  I am not being facetious about the use of the word "punter". I wote
in a  light-hearted way, but I think the person concerned is making a fair
point, and we should be sensitive to it.

The problem is I cannot  think of a suitable alternative that also conveys
the sort of atmosphere  we have at shows,

Best Wishes,

Geoff

Actually what's wrong with QLer, QL enthusiast, QL Hobbyist, QL supporter,
QList, QLuser, QL individualist.
The editor of QLToday might be contempating a competition to discover the
correct terms for a single QL user or an pack of them, like a pride of  Lions
etc,  - like a QLutch of Qlers.

Clearly punter is a cliched descriptor which may be applied  to an individual
who is expected to part whith hard cash during an event of  any sort and is
therefore totally inadequate to adequately describe the  quality of the
individualists who continue to support QL systems.

Duncan