On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 1:40 PM, JJ Ruiz <jjruiz_r...@yahoo.es> wrote:

> I would get one to connect an Aurora and a Gold Card, powering them through
> the backplane.
>
> The 9V line, will carry 9V? or 5V? or it will be selectable? or it will be
> selectable by each expansion connector?

ATX v2 PSUs supply +5V and +/i12V. It is perfectly possible to supply +9V
from a +12V line using a 7809... Depending on the current requirement, this
could supply up to 2 amps, but would generate a fair amount of heat. For
smaller values like 500mA it wouldn't generate much or need a heatsink.

Is the 9V for serial? Or to feed 5V cards that have a 7805 regulator?

Dave