Wolfgang Lenerz wrote:
I'm thinking of ditching my header for SFA files, and simply use yours.
That would make the two emulators compatible in this respect if it can be done. A good step forward!

Does anybody on this list already have many files saved on an SFA device?
For my part, I use QXL.WIN with nothing but a few trial files in the SFA device.

It might be an idea to write a simple conversion utility you can use to copy and change the file header, although the simple way out for users is to copy all files into a QXL.WIN before upgrading, and after the upgrade copy them into the new SFA device's folder.

Another idea for SMSQmulator, although I am a bit afraid of what Wolfgang would say for even suggesting something which would cause this much work (!), is a device which can read a Qubide format hard disk. I think some people had used flash memory cards in Qubide QL systems, as at one time there were IDE interface memory card readers. Provides a means of getting large numbers of files to the emulator from a "real" QL, rather than have to create dozens of QL disk images.

Just an idea!