From: http://sinclairql.com/wp/

Work has been ongoing, and we now have a preliminary schematic to work
from. The next stage will be to layout a prototype PCB for testing. We've
managed to source most of the components already so once testing is
complete, we can quickly go to production.

In a separate development we have been offered a new, highly developed V3
driver. The driver is in beta and will undergo heavy testing. This driver
includes innovations that will be exciting for some users. Firstly, it
allows raw access to the media so you can access alien file formats. This
leaves the door open for others to write software to handle almost any
format you can imagine. Second, we're hoping to arrange for this driver to
be made available to existing QubIDE owners at very little cost. V2 QubIDE
owners would just need a new EPROM. V1 owners would also need to replace
their GALs with V2 GALs.

[image: A snapshot of the softloaded version of the V3 driver.]
*A snapshot of the softloaded version of the V3 driver.*

In other news, I have sourced parts and PCBs for some Minerva Mk IIs. I
will assemble and test them, then make them available with or without the
I2C cable. Price will be £45 with I2C cable and £40 without, including
shipping worldwide. They will be available in mid-March, but I will allow
pre-orders so you can ensure you get one. QUANTA members get a 10% discount
- to find the coupon code, register in the support
forum<http://sinclairql.com/forum/> and
let me know you're a QUANTA member. Proceeds are going into the hardware
development fund.

A note on currencies: I price these items in USD ($), and the store
converts these prices in real time to UKP (£) or Euros (EURO). Because
currencies fluctuate in relative value, all prices are approximate.

Finally, the battery adaptors have been mailed to me and I am just waiting
for them to arrive. As soon as they do, I shall post photographs.

--
Dave Park
Sandy Electronics, LLC