On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 14:54:48 +0000, Derek wrote:

> Hi Thierry,
>
> The Q60 / Q40 clock chip is a ST M48T02-150PC1 Timekeeper battery. It
> plugs into a 24 pin socket on the Q60 board. It is still available,

Yes, I can see it is still available from Farnel/Element14: at 20 euros
+ VAT, it is not exactly cheap; most common RTC+quartz chips (e.g. the
DS3231) come at a quarter of this price and don't use that silly
integrated battery concept that forces you to replace the whole shebang
every 10 years (or even sooner, depending on how long the RTC+battery
package was stored by the supplier before you buy it from them: I'd bet
Farnell don't sell such a RTC everyday...).
I might get one from Farnell next time I buy some electronic components
from them (it will save the postage fee).
I am also wondering if it would be possible to open the package (probably
by abbrasing its top side with a file) to get access to the battery and
replace it... I might try that with the old chip after replacing it...

> Regards
> Derek

Regards,

Thierry.