Norman Dunbar wrote:
> On my (work) NT box, an 'idle' QPC session uses 98% of the processor time -
> at least that's what task mangler tells me.

Yes, it just does use all processor time that's available.

> This is what makes the Windows portion of my QL :o) sluggish.

Really? Normally you don't notice the difference. When the priority is
set to "lowest", the emulation thread basically only gets processor
time if all other threads don't need some. What could be the reason is
the blitting of the screen in windowed mode. This can use up the power
of older graphics cards in a way that there's not so much left for
other blitting operations. But that's just a guess.

> PS. Settings on background/foreground priority are lowest. I tried setting
> to normal, but this made things appear slower.

I suspect "idle" doesn't change anything then, either?

Marcel