In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Norman Dunbar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>At the risk of severe flaming :

Why :-)

>I am basically (no pun intended) a programmer at heart.
>I like to program.
>On the QL, programming is fun because yoy know how to get close to the
>hardware - if you want to - and people are available to give advice, code
>help etc.
>On the PC, I use Delphi and/or C++Builder and they are similar to EasyPtr in
>that they are drag and drop programming - but you still have to add in your
>own code to do the actual job in hand, and again, there are newsgroups to
>help out.
>
>I like programming both, but overall, and for ease of programming, the PC
>does have a slight lead :o(
>Of course, the advantage on the QL is that I CAN program in assembler if I
>choose, while on the PC, I can't. (I can almost hear Marcel saying "why not
>?" - the answer is I never learned because of the old style segmented
>architecture of the older processors and the thought of all that does put me
>off !)

I agree that programming on the QL is in fatc quite a joy - once you
have made the effort to learn how to do it.

Both BASIC and C are approachable if you put together your own set of
tools like editor, text viewer, etc.

The advantage that the PC has is that there has been much more develop
in giving programmers an environment to work in.  Like your examples.

These would be great to have on the QL ... yet who is going to do the
work to bring it about ?

--
Malcolm Cadman