> But surely they don't apply higher (I mean more than plus, minus etc.
> with integer values) floating point maths to variables used as a
> binary array? I mean, what's the point of getting the square root of
> my flag register or anything?

that would be somewhat advanced discrete algebra, iirc that exists
but I was never very good at this abstract stuff. Taking ln/log values
of bit arrays is of course standard practice but should be reasonable
robust wrt implementation details change.

I meant the case where people use a single variable to pack 16 or 32
booleans. Something changes in the print routine or anything and booom.
Also very nice source of desaster are div and mod routines wrt negative
values and overflow. Those are often used in direct disk access
programs.

Bye
Richard