On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> BTW, the helicopter sim was probably "Combat Lynx" by Durrell, or maybe one
> of the ones by Digital Integration. Or maybe "Cyclone" by Vortex?

I really don't remember. :/

I *do* remember the stinging defeat of QL User rejecting my pokey QBASIC
program for modelling orbits of 3+ bodies. Ok, it was terrible for style,
output and speed, but it worked! I was most upset that they rejected it so
completely they even sent me back my microdrive cartridge - they didn't
even want to have it in their trash can ;)

Did anyone else increase their microdrive capacities by machining down
their capstan pins? I did this at work with some wet'n'dry at took about
0.002" off the diameter of the pin. This increased the capacity from 107
(sectors/k/can't remember) to 125 or so, even if the cartridges only
could be read/written in that specific microdrive unit.

This is really bringing memories back - it's very therapeutic ;)

Dave