On 1/3/02 at 5:24 PM Dexter wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, ZN wrote:
>
>> the PCB design leaves a LOT to be desired. It seems that whoever did it
>> is not very experienced. IMHO the board could have been 2/3 or even half
>> the size.
>
> The designer actually said on the site that it was a prototype board and
> wasn't optimized for size or cost, and that they could easily reduce the
> size by that amount...
> Just being fair...

True, maybe I did speak out of turn since I only gave it a quick look.

>Does anyone here have any experience with Eagle v4? What package do you
>folks over at Q60 HQ use?

I tried it a long time ago in DOS, I think it was still V1 :-)
I used Tango for a long time (great all-rounder there, not the best at
anything but extremely usable). And then Accell got bought out by the
makers of Protel, which is what I use now. When I started with it, it was
absolutely horrible, did everything Protel did if you managed to get around
the bugs, but under windows and about 10x slower. Fortunately, they cured a
lot of the bugs, and the CPU speed caught up with the slow code :-)

Nasta