> >Looks like a new box might be the solution.
> It is more likely to be the height of the case stand-offs.
> I found that this need to be very carefully set, otherwise
> the I/O card
> is not making proper contact with the socket.

I think you are definitely right about that.  As the card is screwed to
the back panel it pulls along the top edge which will try to lift the
furthest end out of the socket.
The stand-offs supporting the rear (keyboard socket) edge of the
mainboard are both brass threaded things, whereas the one at the
opposite end is just a nylon spacer that clips into the hole in the
mainboard and is suspended in a keyhole shaped slot in the case side
panel (it's a tower case).
When I reassemble it all tonight I'll see if I can make some
adjustments.

cheers,
Ian.

related financial instruments.