In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dave P <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
The issue I take with it is this notion that all versions of SMSQ/E must
be identical. I think this is not in SMSQ/E's best interest because it
discourages development.
We never said they have to be identical just 'coherent'. Code that works on all platforms should be common and code that is specific need not. The thing is that all calls to platform specific code should be handled by the other platforms without a crash and the whole O/S should maintain integrity. This can only be done if the code is controlled and that is the post the Wolfgang has taken on. We all want development we also want it to work.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK

  • ... John Sadler
    • ... Peter Graf
    • ... Richard Zidlicky
    • ... Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος