----- Original Message -----
From: "Jochen Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Pirates and mad sheep

> > > Dennis Smith states that "We have been producing the Q60 for
over a
> > year" > and "Licence money has been paid" - who was this licence
money
> > paid to? I > certainly did not get it.
>
> > Jochen, and at year end you can have some more if I can find out
what
> > the starting date of this new licence is supposed to be.
>
> NO, not by you, and not recently by Peter (as I said in the other
mail the
> last
> few were bought early February and from then on only manuals without
> license).
>
> And anyway, you can't sell SMSQ/E without being a reseller and
promise to
> pay
> later. That's wrong, and this is why I keep on asking that you sort
it out
> with
> Wolfgang.
>
> This is all a total mess, and there are lots of logical mistakes
e.g.
> if Peter has asked where to pay the money to some time ago,
> then there was awareness that the new scheme has become active.
> And the starting date is irrelevant because there was a small
> fixed figure of licenses pre-paid by Peter. Once you sold out these
> licenses, everything else was either not paid for at all under the
old
> license (which would be wrong) or not paid under the new license
> (which would also be wrong, as neither you nor Peter have become
> resellers).
> So from whatever view you look at it, something seems always very
wrong.

> Please sort it out with Wolfgang. If I can be helpful to sort out
the
> figures (privately) to see what matches and what doesn't, I'm
willing
> to do so. Apart from this, you have to speak to Wolfgang.
>
> Jochen

Well that seems better, the reason I am asking about the date is
because we have not sold anything for 3 months (or more - a guess). We
have not been to any QL meetings since April, the liceces Peter bought
from you in advance of sales were used up by June and July would have
seen the end of production or even earlier. The licence was still in
flux, I think, and I haven't done anything for the Q60 for a very long
time, plus working away from home has not helped. Production is
intense when I do it hence a lot of sales = a lot of work, I want a
steady flow so if I want a few months off Q60 work, I'll do just that.
This brings us to now, I have started production again and received
one order the actual point of sale will be in a month (?) so there is
a wide gap between the last sale and the next sale. A bit of general
info there. Yes, I see, since Peter paid everything after that is
10EUR, is that correct?

I thought (until this last week or so) the new licence would start at
v3.00 (it was mentioned some time ago) and all previous was with the
original aggreement (2.98 for us). You might not know but if the
version number is not the start of the licence then there must be a
starting date, what is it, anyone, Wolfy?

Dennis - D&D Systems