??? 8/11/2002 12:15:40 ??, ?/? Dave P <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ??????:

>On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Jochen Merz wrote:
>
>> > A trader has the same right to sell an item they own as any private
>> > individual.
>>
>> Indeed. Provided, he actually owns it at that time.
>> But nobody questioned all this... :-)
>
>Not even me. I think it is clear now that D&D is selling unlicensed
>copies, and that they should make a gratious payment, and close the issue.
>However, my point was more simple, that nobody has to be an official
>reseller to sell SMSQ/E. They must merely own what they sell.

Not in the States!... As many US "licenses" (See imprisonment agreements) state you
are not allowed to sell your software and license to another user if you are the
original end-user (ie retail buyer). (These have been "pushed down the throats" of
many European customers which on occasion have fought them in court and won...
Nonetheless our "beloved M$" company keeps pushing them...

Phoebus