On 8 Nov 2002, at 17:15, Dave P wrote:

 (...)

> Now that we've had two or three different problems with the license, and
> Wolfgang has given various reassurances (which has been a positive
> experience, Wolfgang!),

Thanks, but this begs the question - have I been acting in
accordance with these reassurances?

(Just BEGGING for a compilment here, of course).

> maybe we can amend the license a little to make
> these assurances explicit? It's november. Maybe we could make the
> relatively minor changes and have SMSQ/E license v1.1 come into force on
> January 1st?

Oh groan.

Groan. Groan. groan.

Mind you,I'm not saying no - just, well, groan.

Do you really want us to go through the entire debate again every
year?

> I'm not looking at this as a way to squeeze more out of the license,

 No comment...

> but
> merely to tidy up those parts that have alrerady been found ambiguous?

> Maybe Wolfgang would like to submit the license to annual review, as the
> situation will change over time?

Actually, I wouldn't like it - but if there is really a demand for that,
I'll do it.

Wolfgang
www.wlenerz.com