On  Tue, 5 Aug 2003 at 21:20:25, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>Tony Firshman wrote:
>> ... and the time when Phil Borman left my passport in Dover, and I
>had
>> to be smuggled around for days.
>...and the Volvo chase around London when someone's suitcase got left
>on the minibus driven by Phil "No Kerbstone Left Untouched" Borman on
>return from Germany (or was it Eindhoven?
Ah - you were in my car then?  I remember it was a _very_ fast return
from Dover.

>> ... and Freddie Vachha's breakfast there (four helpings) - giving us
>the
>> spare 'rabbit food'.
>I remember Freddy Helping a waitress or three to put out a fire on an
>egg griddler or something similar at breakfast at an Eindhoven
>hotel...
Worng - it was Laurence.  He got a wet towel form the kitchen.
That was when Freddie was at his best (or was it worst?) piling up the
awful rubbery overcooked scrambled egg.
You really wouldn't believe how much he piled up on his plate, and then
went for a refill.

>> dancing!)   I will never forget the reaction of the (very) gay
>barman to
>> Darren's attempts to teach him how to pour a pint of Guinness.
>> Priceless.
>You should see his face when he sees Guiness being poured in Wales. He
>won't even go near a pint of "Welsh" Guiness ("doesn't travel
>well...")
Well he got through quite a lot in Montreal without much complaining.

>>>and the night Jochen and Dilwyn and I
>>>brought Marcel Kilgus out for a Birthday curry when he hated the
>damn
>>>things .........
>>curry you mean, not birthdays (or was it both?)
>Both, by the time we'd finished with him. The bit I hated was the
>chocolate gateaux which became a gooey mess all over my shirt. Yuk. At
>least we managed to force feed him pizza and chips once the dislike of
>curry was established.
Ah - that is back to normal Marcus diet (8-)#

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk