HI,

There is no benfit of using 80 wire IDE cables, as the IDE controller can
not take advantage of the higher speeds like on PCs...

I have build many PCs, and it does not matter where to the CDROM is or
device on the IDE cable. Unless it using 80 wire conductors or uses cable
select.

The CFD devices work great on the Q60, but I have had intermittent results
on the hot swap version. Which is strange as, one would think that the
Hot-Swap would be that same as the Non-Hot-Swap.

Anyway the CFD devices look a ittle too expensive at present.

Derek