In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:
[snip]
> Plugged in the HDD Led where? Just so we're clear, my CF adapters
> (assuming you're using one of mine from Darren) do not have HDD led
> pins on them.
The LED is in the case, control by two pins on the ISA I/O card. The
LED never lights up in use, but know it works as when I pass electricity
through it, it lights up green.

> As for plugging the CD ROM on. I have found that in some case plugging a
> second device (CD ROM or HDD) at the end of the cable, solves many
> problems. Sure as heck you can't hurt anything (since you don't have data
> on your card anyway). Also look if the CF adapter has any pins bent.
> Please also tell me which kind of CF adapter you have. The half length
> Hot-Removable or the full length standard.
Neither, I have the one made by Quazar, at the link below
http://www.quazar.clara.net/sam/hardcf.htm
The CF is by Kingston using Toshiba chips and the CF mentions Assy in
Tiawan. The CF is the master. Apart from asking Quazar to make a short
cable where can I buy one?

> Finally, remember that you have to have the CF plugged in BEFORE you power
> on.
>
> An additional thing you may want to consider is to try to use Atari-Fdisk
> from Q40 Linux.
> All you need to do is get the following files: lxx (executable), vmlinux
> and ramimg.gz. If you don't have a Q40 Linux CD I'd be happy to send them
> over.
Thanks for the offer to email them to me.
--
                        Tarquin Mills

RUNG (RISC OS Users, Norfolk Group)