On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:07:56 +0200 (CEST), Fabrizio Diversi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ciao,
I have the same problems like you with Sandisk brand CF both on Q60 and Q40. Kodak and Pretec CF works perfectly although . The symptons are the same : wrong format, file disappear after a reset etc.
This under SMSQ , but if you want to test the validity of your CF setup you should try with Q60 Linux that is more "flexible" ...for the moment !
You did not mention in your mail where did you link the CF reader , to the master or slave. I am asking this because, and I am sure you already know, MKPart work only on the master IDE Driver. For the rest I do not think is a problen of partition dimension having formatted succesfully a 512Mb and more partition using Mkpart (1.02).
Did anyone on this list tried Hot Swappable CF drivers ? I would like to try one to be able to boot Qx0 Qdos Classic directly from CF without the need to reset and boot from floppy.
Fabrizio

Hi Fabrizio,
Theoretically both should work the same as the QubIDE rom on QDOS Classic, rescans the devices (it is rebooting after all). The solution the way I see it:

Have your CD and HDD on IDE 0 master and slave and the CF on IDE 1 (provided you have a multi i/o with support for 4 drives which IIRC you do) . Softrom classic3r25_rom will rescan the drives, won't recognize the SMSQ/E one and will boot straight off the CF...

I have been experimenting with putting QubIDE/Linux and QWA partitions on one drive. Apparently however Linux wants to write something on Sector 1 and so is QubIDE so they won't play together... (Unless somebody else has a better idea). So far my only solution was to have two drives.

Phoebus

--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)
Visit the uQLX-win32 homepage at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/uqlx.html>