On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:17:46 EDT, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In a message dated 03/10/03 16:36:59 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

It is more and more difficult to print directly from native QL (with QPC
there is less problem as Windows spooler is used)

Claude

Hmm - correct me if I am wrong - but as far as I know, the QL's output to the
par device in QPC2 is sent direct to the printer port (even if you select
par1 is Printer in the configuration menu).

Therefore Xchange still only works with printers which have inbuilt fonts...

Not necessarily. You can assign PAR to a USB printer for example...

ie. I use my LJ 1000 (which is a USB only printer) with QPC.

Phoebus

--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)
Visit the uQLX-win32 homepage at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/uqlx.html>