On 14 Oct 2003 at 22:13, Peter Graf wrote:

.
> I also think Marcel and Wolfgang work hard. Wolfgang does it without
> financial reward, a fact that has my full respect and appreciation. I hope
> that those Q40/Q60 developers who, unlike me, see enough reason to follow
> Marcel's SMSQ/E route, will continue to see some progress and have fun!!!

Is there really no way, under this licence, that you could join the fun?

Let me, for a moment, try to put QPC and the Qx0 in parallel.

OK, I know, one is a machine, the other a platform etc.... - let's not open this
debate for
the time being, it is not important here.

These are both GREAT machines, and I have the highest respect for Marcel and for
you, because you both built something that I could only dream about.
I have no hardware design capabilities, so conceiving and building something like the
Qx0 was totally beyond me.
And Marcel's programming skills are so far beyond me that he might as well live on
another planet.

To some extent, QPC and Qx0 might be seen as competing with each other, (I've heard
this being said) even though, for me, they are definitely not.

Unfortunately, today, one of these platforms (QPC) is actively maintained by its
author,
the other (Qx0) doesn't seem to be, at least as far as SMSQ/E is concerned (and, quite
frankly, the Q60 only interested me as a QDOS compatible machine, if I want to run
Linux, any old PC will do - and they come cheap).

Now, Marcel has gone to great pains to make sure that all of his efforts are useable
on
the others machines, even to such an extent that he didn't just dunk me his code and
tell me to adapt it (whih he could simply have done, and nobody would have found
anything odd with that) but he actually programmed, e.g., Q60 specific code.

But still, you have a situation where one platform is being maintained by what some
(you?) see as its competitor. And here, I can only salute Marcel's dedication - I'm
not
sure I would have had the moral fortitude to act this way.

However, you can't expect Marcel to do Qx0 specific development only.
For example, who will try to take Thierry's CD driver any further? Who will do
software
development to take the Q60's sound system further? Shouldn't you be involved in
that?
Isn't it a pity that you aren't?

I would LOVE to have you with us.

All the best