On Sat, Jan 02, 1999 at 03:24:45PM -0500, Len Budney wrote:
# Hi Vince,
#
# Vince Vielhaber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
#
# > ...badmailto...I'm getting around 10 or 20 double bounces a day from
# > these two addresses, and in the past we've had other problems with
# > nonexistant addresses that double bounce...
#
# This isn't a detailed criticism--I'm not a mail admin of a large site,
# after all! However...
#
# Can't you already do what you want with existing qmail mechanisms? For
# example, suppose these spammers send mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]",
# which is not a valid address.
#
# One idea is to create the file ~alias/.qmail-whacko123 with the line:
#
#       # Drop it right now!
#
# I'm pretty sure that solves your problem right there. If not, replace
# the comment with a command like "exit 99" and qmail should discard the
# mail and be satisfied.

the point I see it as is to not accept the mail in the first place, so the
processing power is wasted by the sender, if mail just keeps getting accepted
and deleted then it will always keep coming in.  If it is not accepted to
begin with less resources are wasted by the local machine, and the
address(es) may eventually be removed from the spam lists.

--
/- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -\
|Justin Bell  NIC:JB3084| Time and rules are changing.         |