+ Varga Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

| If I make a virtualdomains file, and make the usual .qmail-... files
| in the given user's home directory, as forwarding to a real user of
| the system,then the mail arrives in order to the expected place.
|
| The mail envelope is the following:

First, allow me to correct your terminology:
That is not the envelope.  That is the header.
The distinction is important.

| From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Jun 04 15:02:08 1999
| Date: 4 Jun 1999 15:02:08 -0000
| From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|

| However, it is ugly to see a lot of delivered to lines with the real
| user address [EMAIL PROTECTED], and even
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the envelope.

I don't think ugliness is a suitable criterion for deciding what to do
here.  Those lines are an important part of qmail's loop detection and
avoidance algorithm.  Mess with them at your own risk.

| How can I set up the system, so that qmail does not put these lines
| in the envelope, or only one of it, and that containing the virtual
| domain address [EMAIL PROTECTED]?

If you absolutely must, have the mail go through a filter at some
point in the delivery chain to edit and/or remove the offending header
fields.  But please, don't do it unless you know what you're doing.
And don't do it even if you do.

- Harald