On 15-Oct-2000, Willis L. Sarka wrote:
> He would like to be able to receive e-mail via his shell account and Pine
> for foo.com in addition to any e-mail he would receive that is sent to
> the-republiic.org domain.  I read the docs and normally this is _not_ the
> situtation (two e-mails sent to the-republic.org domain and foo.com domain
> would end up in the same mailbox).

In /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains:
        the-republic.org:yourfriend
        foo.com:yourfriend

It's telling qmail where to look dot-qmail instructions in ~yourfriend
(the homedir of the user yourfriend). For example if you want to set
up both [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] you just create
~yourfriend/.qmail-john containing the instructions on where to
deliver mail (man dot-qmail for more info).

Alternatively you can use, say alias-republicfoo, in place of
yourfriend in virtualdomains. Then you create
~alias/.qmail-republicfoo-john for john@. This is useful if your
friend didn't have home dir in the machine.

HTH,

Ronny