Sam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 30 August 1999 at 22:10:43 GMT
 > Russell Nelson writes:
 >
 > > Ari Arantes Filho writes:
 > >  > When I send a message with an attachment with 3mb for an invalid user, the
 > >  > hole message backs to the sender, notifying him that:
 > >
 > >  > Is it possible the put just the header of the message or just a few lines?
 > >
 > > Sure it's possible.  Anything is possible -- that's why we have
 > > computers.  The question is whether it's desirable.  Basically, if you
 > > don't bounce the whole email back to the user, how are they to re-send
 > > it to the right address?  An MTA can't count on them having kept a
 > > copy.
 >
 > That may be true in general case, but with Qmail it's a moot point since
 > Qmail's bounces are not MIME DSNs, and the mail client has no way to
 > conveniently resend the message.  All tyou'll see is a huge wad of binary
 > goo.

My email software can resend qmail bounces just fine.  In general,
email software was resending bounces before there were DSNs, and in
fact DSN isn't very widely supported yet.
--
David Dyer-Bennet         ***NOTE ADDRESS CHANGES***          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ (photos) Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon