Sal Conigliaro wrote:

> all mail to domain 'test.cc' goes into the mailbox for user 'joe'.
>
> If I send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I did something like that recently and found it easiest to dump all the variables

from a perl script.  Here are my results with your variables in place of mine,
going by which I'd say you want $EXT@$HOST.

DTLINE: Delivered-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SENDER: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RECIPIENT: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
EXT2:
UFLINE: From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon May 03 17:28:51 1999
EXT3:
EXT4:
HOME: /usr/home/joe
RPLINE: Return-Path: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NEWSENDER: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PATH: /var/qmail/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin
HOST2: test
HOST3: test
EXT: newuser
HOST4: test
HOST: test.cc
USER: joe

YMMV on HOST2/3/4.  My domain was the.sga.nu and I got
HOST2: the.sga
HOST3: the
HOST4: the

Which lead me to the guess on what your HOST variables would say.

Regards,
--Steve