On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 12:15:37PM -0700, Lyndon Griffin wrote:
> Right - but what the web page says is not this
>       "qmail 1.03 users and web site no longer support inetd"
>
> but rather this
>       "qmail 1.03 no longer supports inetd"
>
> That is about the most misleading statement I have ever read.  Say what you
> mean and this type of discussion will not be necessary.
Joop, I did wonder about this statement as well, as I ran qmail-1.03 both
with inetd, later on with xinetd without problems (on RedHat-Linux). Now I
use Mate's wonderful RPMs and stay with the tcpserver-stuff, which IMHO is
easier to figure out than tcpd's host.allow,*.deny-scheme.
Well, RedHat users are really lucky as Mate does steer them in the right
direction, then ;-).

Regards
Mirko