Thus said Dave Sill on Tue, 02 Nov 1999 13:45:20 EST:

> The files under queue/pid are empty. qmail-queue moves them to
> queue/mess before writing the message to the file. This is all
> documented in INTERNALS in the build directory:
Thanks for quoting that for me... I could have read that myself had I known
where to look. :)  Sometimes finding the documentation is the hardest
pard... At any rate, it looks like things have calmed down on the list
server and I am wondering if I should just delete all those pid files as
I'm beginning to wonder if they are mistakes made by qmail-queue when it
couldn't complete it's tasks due to permission problems.
Andy
--
        +====== Andy ====== TiK: garbaglio ======+
        |    Linux is about freedom of choice    |