On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 02:03:32PM +0800, Philip, Tim (CNBC Asia) wrote:
> Thanks for all the interest in my original posting to
> this list. My question was:-
>
> "Is it possible to stop qmail from generating multiple
>  bounce messages when mail with a forged sender address
>  is received for multiple bad (non-local) mailboxes?"
>
> I guess the simple answer is, NO. (Is this correct?)

The answer is, "qmail does NOT DO THAT except in certain configurations."

The specific configuration where this happens is when the qmail server is
acting as an intermediary, such as a secondary MX.  In this case, upon
receiving the multiple-rcpt message, it will forward it on as many separate
messages (since this is what qmail does), and the destination host (whether
it is qmail or not) will send out the required number of bounce messages.

--Adam