----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Cazabon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: dot-qmail question (again) :-)

> That's not an error that qmail spits out.  Your .qmail file does not
contain
> "/path/to/my/maildir/" in it anywhere.  We can't help you without better
> information.

I don't say this is an error, I'm sure the problem is in the .qmail file,
buth where?

I'v tried this and full path - the same

> Please post the following:
> -relevant portions of the qmail log file(s) (don't re-type
> them or remove domain names, etc -- just post them as-is)

I did about 30 min ago

> -the exact text of the error message you are receiving, if any

no error messages - just that the message is delivered to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> -the output of `qmail-showctl` would also be helpful
>
> I'm also suspicious of that "office" line above.  It would appear to me
> to forward a copy to "office@defaultdomain", which doesn't sound like what
> you want.

this means [EMAIL PROTECTED] - no problem with this, works in other .qmail
files  I have

here is the output of qmail-showctl:

ail home directory: /var/qmail.
user-ext delimiter: -.
paternalism (in decimal): 2.
silent concurrency limit: 120.
subdirectory split: 23.
user ids: 1001, 1002, 1003, 0, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007.
group ids: 102, 103.

badmailfrom: (Default.) Any MAIL FROM is allowed.

bouncefrom: (Default.) Bounce user name is MAILER-DAEMON.

bouncehost: (Default.) Bounce host name is bates.eu.com.

concurrencylocal: (Default.) Local concurrency is 10.

concurrencyremote: (Default.) Remote concurrency is 20.

databytes: (Default.) SMTP DATA limit is 0 bytes.

defaultdomain: Default domain name is bates.eu.com.

defaulthost: (Default.) Default host name is bates.eu.com.

doublebouncehost: (Default.) 2B recipient host: bates.eu.com.

doublebounceto: (Default.) 2B recipient user: postmaster.

envnoathost: (Default.) Presumed domain name is bates.eu.com.

helohost: (Default.) SMTP client HELO host name is bates.eu.com.

idhost: (Default.) Message-ID host name is bates.eu.com.

localiphost: (Default.) Local IP address becomes bates.eu.com.

locals:
Messages for localhost are delivered locally.

me: My name is bates.eu.com.

percenthack: (Default.) The percent hack is not allowed.

plusdomain: Plus domain name is eu.com.

qmqpservers: (Default.) No QMQP servers.

queuelifetime: (Default.) Message lifetime in the queue is 604800 seconds.

rcpthosts:
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at localhost.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at bates.eu.com.

morercpthosts: (Default.) No effect.

morercpthosts.cdb: (Default.) No effect.

smtpgreeting: (Default.) SMTP greeting: 220 bates.eu.com.

smtproutes: (Default.) No artificial SMTP routes.

timeoutconnect: (Default.) SMTP client connection timeout is 60 seconds.

timeoutremote: (Default.) SMTP client data timeout is 1200 seconds.

timeoutsmtpd: (Default.) SMTP server data timeout is 1200 seconds.

virtualdomains:
Virtual domain: bates.eu.com:bates.eu.com

Milen