Ken Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 7 December 2000 at 00:39:26 -0600
 > Wayne Chu wrote:
 > >
 > > No, I am NOT spamming.
 > >
 > > Our company runs serveral daily e-newsletter, with totally about a
 > > half million of subscribers. We are planning to make an "open"
 > > newsletter plateform, let our web site members create their own
 > > personal newsletter ( authenticated and supervised by our staff to
 > > prevent spam mail ). we estimated the total number of subscribers and
 > > the number of newsletter will grow even more. Surely our member
 > > would want their newsletters to be sent ASAP. So we have to
 > > increase concurrency.
 >
 > Ah.. So you are not a spammer, except you assume all your
 > "customers" want your email. Besides that moral issue,
 > do you have measured information about the delivery
 > statistics of qmail version other options?

You're jumping way ahead of the facts here, Ken.  He doesn't *use* the
word "customers".  He *does* use the word "subscribers".  Subscribers
pretty clearly implies the act of subscribing, i.e., opting in.  His
description sounds to me rather like e-groups or topica, except
oriented towards "newsletters" rather than mailing lists.

(Of course, a clever spammer who wanted our help could just lie about
stuff, and if they weren't up and running there'd be no way to check,
but there's nothing we can do about that, and I see no reason to
suspect that Wayne Chu is lying.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/