On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 09:47:16PM +0000, Mark wrote:
> Then it's an OS bug.
>
> qmail-remote only gets to the read() if the OS (via select() ) says
> that the read will not block. Ergo, the OS is lying.

If it's OS bug, anybody heard/knows of such severe network related
bug in RedHat 6.2?

What about FreeBSD 4.2 (I believe somebody reported problem with
FreeBSD as well)???

What are the chances of _such_ bug in _both_ OSes?
I'd like to mention, that I ran qmail of FreeBSD (starting from 3.x all
the way to latest) for couple years and _never_ observed this behaviour
on FreeBSD.

Is it possible that some external devices s.a.
switch/router/firewall/anything could be causing this problem?

--
  Eugene Miretskiy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  InVision.com, INC.  (631) 543-1000