Hi all,

I'm attempting to set up qmail on Mandrake 8.0. I do create
the /var/qmail directory, but when qmail compiles nothing goes
into this directory. Of course then when you run ./config it
barfs because it can't find certain things in /var/qmail. Yes,
I'm logged on as root.

Also, when running the IDS script, I can't see that any
directories were created in the /var directory either.

I've reloaded Mandrake 3 times from scratch and it's still doing
the same thing. Also tried gcc instead of cc and it makes no
difference.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW, the /var directory resides on a separate physical drive in
the machine - a Linux RAID 1 (mirror), to be precise, so there
are two drives in fact. The /var directory shows up nicely and
is perfectly accessible. I can't imagine this would be creating
the problem.

Many thanks,

Steve