I'm with Steve on this. When 1.06 came out, I had to go through a few hoops to get it to work on my solaris boxen, due to the same sorts of 'linux only' additions to the code.

Let's remember folks, a major part of the philosophy behind Open Source is Interoperability. Solaris is not some backwoods, fly-by-night OS. It'll be around for a long time to come, and a _lot_ of sites still use it.