----- Original Message ----- From: "Kyle Wheeler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <qmailadmin@inter7.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: [qmailadmin] dotqmail and spamassassin

I'd be very impressed if they
couldn't handle the 0.01 seconds it takes to load up a shell-script and
run "tr" twice.

I'm simply trying to have less overhead as possibile, because the mail passes on antivirus and spamassassin. The medium time to delivery in mailbox is 1 second, and 1,1 second will be a problem. In your behavior the MTA will start procmail that will start spamc then maildir (that is a shell script starting safecat). My idea is to remove also maildir and to use directly safecat.

Additionally, the ideas there I think you can still use. For example,
you could make --enable-spam-command look something like this, too:
|spamc -u "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" | maildir /.../vpop/domains/$USER/$EXT/Maildir/

Good, thanks :-)

And then those envariables would get properly handled every time. The
only downside is that people can send email to, for example, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and this maildir program (part of safecat, I presume?)

yes, the script that start safecat "$1"/tmp "$1"/new

Personally? I think if you're running spamc, the tiny amount of extra
overhead to parse the environment variables properly is going to be
inconsequential. But since you're dead-set to change qmailAdmin to do
it, it's obviously possible. I just think it's completely unnecessary.

I'll try some tests to check times using procmail.

Anyway, thank you for your time.

Regards,
Valerio