From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 May 2007 11:32
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: RE: [qmailtoaster] rcpthosts file

Hi,  I have all the company IPs in tcp.smtp and it looks to work fine but
the problem is from outside the company.  I use authentication for this
[EMAIL PROTECTED] user with   /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw  on
/var/qmail/supervise/smtp/run and /var/qmail/supervise/pop3/run.   This user
exists in the vpopmail database so I guess it is there where the vchkpw
program looks when it needs to authenticate a user connecting from outside.
Right? If this is right why I can not connect yet?  Marcos     --- On Wed
05/02, Craig Smith < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote: From: Craig Smith [mailto:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com Date: Wed, 2 May
2007 11:08:05 +0100 Subject: RE: [qmailtoaster] rcpthosts file  Hi
There,<br><br>Are they by any chance using your server as the outgoing smtp
server?  I've<br>had that error crop up, when an unauthorized user is using
our server for<br>the outgoing server.  They either need to use
authenticated login or their<br>ip needs to be added to the tcp.smtp file if
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <br>Sent: 02 May 2007
09:52<br>To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com<br>Subject: [qmailtoaster]
have configured POP3 and<br>IMAP for my company mail server and I'm doing
the first tests right now.<br>When I send an email from a company account
with same domain to the<br>[EMAIL PROTECTED] account I've created with the same
company domain it receives<br>these emails from POP3 account and IMAP
account.  When I send an email from<br>[EMAIL PROTECTED], IMAP and POP3, to
an outside email like
[EMAIL PROTECTED]<br>again it is a success.  The problem starts when I try
to send email from<br>outside to this [EMAIL PROTECTED] account, IMAP or
POP3. I receive the<br>following email in Outlook express client when trying
to send:  'Server<br>Response: 553, sorry that domain isn't in my list of
allowed rcpthosts<br>(#5.5.3 - chkuser)'  The contents of my rcpthosts file
are:<br>mail-server.company.com company.com company.net   I understand that
one can<br>not enter in the rcphosts file EVERY domain in this world so what
should be<br>the solution to this problem?  Any help?  Marcos
http://www.excite.com<br>The most personalized portal on the
-------------<br>     QmailToaster hosted by: VR Hosted
[EMAIL PROTECTED]<br>For additional commands,
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com